I’m delighted to showcase the gorgeous cover for the upcoming anthology New Suns: Original Speculative Fiction by People of Color, edited by Nisi Shawl!
Cover designer Yoshi Yoshitani created gorgeous, vibrant work of art!
From Rebellion Publishing:
“New Suns: Original Speculative Fiction by People of Color showcases emerging and seasoned writers of many races telling stories filled with shocking delights, powerful visions of the familiar made strange.
Between this book’s covers burn tales of science fiction, fantasy, horror, and their indefinable overlappings. These are authors aware of our many possible pasts and futures, authors freed of stereotypes and clichéd expectations, ready to dazzle you with their daring genius.
Unexpected brilliance shines forth from every page.”
Table of Contents
- Foreword, LeVar Burton
- The Galactic Tourist Industrial Complex, Tobias Buckell
- Deer Dancer, Kathleen Alcalá
- The Virtue of Unfaithful Translations, Minsoo Kang
- Come Home to Atropos, Steven Barnes
- The Fine Print, Chinelo Onwualu
- unkind of mercy, Alex Jennings
- Burn the Ships, Alberto Yáñez
- The Freedom of the Shifting Sea, Jaymee Goh
- Three Variations on a Theme of Imperial Attire, E. Lily Yu
- Blood and Bells, Karin Lowachee
- Give Me Your Black Wings Oh Sister, Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- The Shadow We Cast Through Time, Indrapramit Das
- The Robots of Eden, Anil Menon
- Dumb House, Andrea Hairston
- One Easy Trick, Hiromi Goto
- Harvest, Rebecca Roanhorse
- Kelsey and the Burdened Breath, Darcie Little Badger
- Afterword, Nisi Shawl
The anthology is set to release March 2019.
1 thought on “[Cover Release] New Suns: Original Speculative Fiction by People of Color”